Winter Baseball Training
Get a jump on the upcoming season by joining our winter training program. Get instruction and repetitions from the best professional instructors in the area in all of the essential areas: hitting, throwing, fielding, pitching and baserunning. This is a twelve-week training program at The Perfect Swing in Darien January 17 thru March 28. We are limiting players per session to maintain low instructor to player ratio so reserve your spot now.
Saturdays – 2-3:30pm – $210
Saturdays – 3:30-5pm – $210
Thursdays – 5-6:30pm – $210
Signup for Thursdays and Saturdays for $350!
Learn the skills & drills it takes to be a good catcher from a college coach & catching instructor. This training will cover will cover every aspect of the catching position including stances, receiving, blocking, footwork and throwing.
Sundays January 18 – February 22
Ages 10-14; 3-4pm
$100 per player
The Downers Grove Dragons Travel Baseball Club will hold tryouts for the upcoming 2015 Season starting this weekend. We are excited to announce we are expanding our programs with 12 full-time teams for the 2015 Season, 8U all the way up to a 17/18U Team.
Teams still looking for players:
Thanks for your interest.
17/18U Team: Your son is eligible to tryout if he does not turn 19 before 4/30/2015.
16U Team: Your son is eligible to tryout if he does not turn 17 before 4/30/2015.
15U Team: Your son is eligible to tryout if he does not turn 16 before 4/30/2015.
14U Team: Your son is eligible to tryout if he does not turn 15 before 4/30/2015.
13U Team: Your son is eligible to tryout if he does not turn 14 before 4/30/2015.
12U Team: Your son is eligible to tryout if he does not turn 13 before 4/30/2015.
11U Team: Your son is eligible to tryout if he does not turn 12 before 4/30/2015.
10U Team: Your son is eligible to tryout if he does not turn 11 before 4/30/2015.
9U Team: Your son is eligible to tryout if he does not turn 10 before 4/30/2015.
8U Team: Your son is eligible to tryout if he does not turn 9 before 4/30/2015.
You may try out for the next group up to stay with players in your grade.
Annual Calendar For Coaches
- Determine Tryout Dates
- Make Budget
- Survey families for next years trips and goals
- Make Offers
- Determine Payment Plan
- Open Checking Account
- Make Fall Ball Plans
- Finalize Rosters
- Make first payment to Dragons organization
- Register or renew spot in WSBL
- Training Starts
- WSBL T-Shirts
- Uniform Sizing
- Field Requests
- Final Payment to Dragons organization
- Get Field DatesBenedictine Dates
Finish League Games
1) Go to any of the webpages below:
http://www.superbowlsquares.org/ewazx SPOTS AVAILABLE
2) You will need to enter the following credentials
3) Enter your name, email address and your players name as “Friend” so they get credit for selling the square(s).
Name: Buyer Name
Friend: Eamonn O’Connell
4) Check the boxes you want and click submit.
5) You will receive an email confirming your square(s).
6) A new grid will be added when these two fill up.
- We lead by example. Try to keep negative comments about umps etc in check.
- One voice on the ball field – Don’t coach from the bleachers or during practices.
- Only coaches and players in dugout, on fields, in practice facilities and surrounding areas.
- When your son is pitching or hitting, try to stay out of sight.
- Don’t cheer too much or get too excited.
- I will talk to a parent about an issue only after I talk to the player about it.
- No issues will be addressed until twenty four hours pass.
- Make sure your player spends lots of time outside of practice playing baseball.
Please try to get your child to practice and games on time. I know this can be difficult at times and impossible at other times, but it’s really important that your player gets properly warmed up for games and practices to prevent injury. It is also difficult to conduct practice or get ready for a game when players continually show up late. If you know your child will be late or won’t be able to make it to a practice or game, please let your coach know in advance if possible.
- Respect everyone.
- Stay on the bench.
- Watch the game.
- No food or gum on bench.
- Be on time and be ready.
We formed our first team in 2007 to keep a group of great nine year olds together so they could continue to have fun and learn the game of baseball. Our oldest team still has guys that have been playing together since they were six. We believe in developing a good team dynamic and surrounding our players with the most positive coaches and positive families. Players will only begin to feel successful after they feel comfortable and the have to be having fun.
Dragon Baseball is all about:
- A positive environment
- Fair playing time and plenty of opportunities
- Professional instruction
- Developing complete athletes and well rounded kids
- Knowledgeable, well trained coaches
- Clear goals and good communication with our families
- Strength and speed training in fall and winter to supplement baseball training
We fielded 12 teams in 2014.
Dragons Baseball Camp is for players 7-12 who want to learn the techniques that will have an impact on their performance. Work with professional hitting and pitching instructors as you learn the skills to take your game to the next level. We will work on skills and drills that will make you a better travel player or an all-star of your house league. Topics will include hitting for average and power, throwing velocity, aggressive baserunning and pitching for consistency.
July 7-10 (rain day July 11)
Camp will be held at the baseball complex at Benedictine University
5700 College Rd, Lisle
Parking entrance is on west side of College Rd just south of Maple
Sponsored by Baseball Zone